For the past few days or so, Porter has become extra clingy. If I leave him alone with ANYONE else, he starts to scream and I come back to find him with a terrified expression on his face doing the "heavy breathing" type sobs. :( These sobs just BREAK my heart! Oh I feel horrible now leaving him alone to play with toys for even 5 minutes. It's been much harder to get a sitter or get anything done...is this normal at 7 months? I hope it doesn't last too long..:/
I can't lie though...I am enjoying the fact that he recognizes and missed mommy.
On a happier note...Porter has been starting to walk....SPEED walk (while holding my fingers) down the hallway, in the grass...he LOVES it! It's all he has been wanting to do lately. SOOO fun! He's going to be walking before he crawls!
6 months ago

It is normal for Porter to have separation anxiety from you! Sadie is like this all the time with me! It is super hard to get things done, but I read somewhere not to pick them up immediately every time they cry or they will become very needy and extra clingy...Wasn't sure what I thought about that but just a little thought to think about...Who knows...
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so glad you commented. GREAT advice! I'm probably going about it the wrong way...it's definitely better to know sooner than later. Thanks SO much Haley!
ReplyDelete